Friday, January 17, 2014

This moment




Stop. Look around. This, my friend, is the season you are in on your journey through life.

Breathe. Take it all in.

What does it look like? For me it’s filled with moving boxes waiting to be unpacked and onesies. In pink, purple, and yellow. 

It’s a messy kitchen and several loads of laundry waiting to be done. 

See that over there? It’s my bed. Man, at the end of the day I cannot wait to fall into the blankets and fall into a peaceful sleep. For I know, that it will not be like this for long.

It’s juggling a work schedule while not working past my limits. I’m still struggling to find a balance. 

It is the moment Pandora thinks I picked up on a new language in 2013 and plays only commercials in Spanish. Hola Pandora. Taco, burrito, nacho, I hear you. 

Tiny kicks and flutters fill my day while I focus on the screen at my desk. How am I going to feel when the womb is empty and the crib is holding that to which I still carry in my heart?

These moments, where the words flow gracefully are moments I embrace. Clarity strikes and the soul speaks. Normally they happen while driving down the road and in minutes, all recollection of the thoughts are lost. 

A few minutes before, I was reading an article on the top trends for Weddings in 2014. Did I embrace that moment in my life? Or did I rush through it waiting for the end, the marriage? Am I doing the same now? 

So I remember to stop. Look around. Breathe. Enjoy this moment.